Dyeing To Fly

Saturday, March 17, 2007




Bamboo

Bamboo is known for its perseverance in rough environments. I was especially touched by this plant. I aspire to be like the bamboo plant and thrive no matter the condition of my life, being a giant pillar of strength and resilience for my family.

For far too long I have been "playing the martyr". I have been complaining, whining, and just plain feeling sorry for myself about my role in life. I feel so sad when I think about the amount of energy I have wasted instead of investing it into myself and my family. There is no telling how much I could have grown had I been stronger and more determined to overcome my outer obstacles.

Since there are over 1,000 species of this plant I decided to include several shades of green in this colorway. I really like the way it turned out.