
Brittany
From elementary school until high school I had the same best friend, Brittany. She and I were so close, I truly thought of her as my sister. Dyeing this yarn brought up so many memories, far too many for me to share at once.
I remember the first day we met and how we seemed to bond instantly. After a few weeks we were inseperable and stayed that way for years. Some of my funnest and saddest memories involve Brittany, as she was truly a friend that was there for me through anything. Even though I have not spoke with her in a year, deep down I believe that if she new I needed her she would be here in an instant.
This yarn mostly reminds me of the comfort that was brought by her friendship and her home. Her family welcomed me into their home many times. I used to be a regular visitor and always felt comfortable. I remember every Friday night her mom would get us pizzas and tons of Pepsi and we would stay home and watch movies together. (well, and talk endlessly about the boys in our lives at the time ;)
Her mother used to make me lemon meringue pies just cause she knew how much I liked them. For a time, I was probably there with her just as much, if not more, than I was at my own house.
I remember swimming at her Grandmother's house and wishing my own Grandma lived closer. Her family fulfilled parts of my life that my own weren't able to at times. I am so thankful for the time I shared with them all.
Oh how I miss my dear friend, Brittany. I have been meaning to call her for so long, and it seems things always come up. Grown up life sure can be tough sometimes. Her birthday is this month, and I am going to send her a card. I want her to know how much I love her and cherish every moment we spent together. She was a true sister to me and I will never forget her.

<< Home