
Precious
This was such a fun project for me. A friend of mine is knitting a pair of longies for a woman who is adopting a precious little girl soon. A bunch of wonderful women are making her a complete set using this yarn. How exciting that they chose me to participate! I was truly honored.
While dyeing this yarn I thought about how wonderful little girls really are. Honestly, I never wanted to have a girl. But as chance would have it, our firstborn was a girl all the way. ;) And I loved it. It was a shock, but soon after her birth I felt so blessed to be able to share myself with her in a way I cannot do with a son. I will be able to teach her how to be a brilliant, beautiful young woman.
I have learned so much about myself and women since the birth of my daughter. I am so thankful for her; I am a better person. She is truly "precious" to me, as I know this young girl will be to her new mother! Blessings!

<< Home