
Lindsay
This post is definitely a harder one for me to share. I don't really know why, just feels awkward.
Growing up, mostly in high school, I had the most wonderful best friend. Her name was Lindsay. We spent so much time together, and really shared our live with one another. We laughed, cried, shopped..what else is there, lol! ;) Words can't really express how much she meant to me. I miss her so...
After graduation we were planning on attending the same university. Only, I met my dh, fell madly in love and got married about a week before I was supposed to leave. What a shock to everyone that was! I also became very devout in my religion and we had some talks about it. Well, to keep it simple, I'll just say they didn't go over so well.
And now, we haven't talked in almost 5 years. Out of the blue, she has been on my mind almost everyday for the past few weeks. I am considering calling her, but quite frankly I'm scared. Scared of so many things...scared of rejection, of what she will think of me and my life, and seeming like a failure. But overall I ache to hear her voice. Just to know what she's up to. To see what kind of adult she has become.
I thought of her and all the times we shared together while dyeing this yarn. She was a fun yet sophisticated gal. I think this yarn symbolizes all that I remember of her. So, "LB" if you're out there...I'm thinking of you and still love you dearly.

<< Home