
Acceptance
This particular dyeing experience was quite an emotional one for me. My husband and I had a talk the night before that made me realize how much I truly push pain away and refuse to accept that people I love have hurt me. Originally, I wanted to call this colorway "bruises", but how appealing is that? lol ! So after much thought I decided "acceptance" was more appropriate.
While hand painting this yarn in black, blue, and purple I forced myself to remember and to deal with the fact that I have been hurt by people I trusted the most. It was so difficult. For about two years now I have absolutely refused to deal with the painful emotions dwelling inside of me...it was the only way I knew to survive and get through the day. Finally, at this time, I am strong enough inside to face the things that happened, understand why they happened, and see how they have ultimately made me stronger. I no longer feel the need to hide away from people so that they won't see my pain.
I used to be such a friendly, easy going, "life of the party" kind of gal. But years of disappoint and facing the true facts of life brought me to a very dark place. One of which consumed me. I did not want to talk to anyone, made sure to have a fake smile plastered to my face, which I'm sure people could see right through.
As I finished painting this yarn, I really started to feel healing occur. I am now able to look past the events that have been controlling me and focus on the present and future with a sense of hope and peace.
"Acceptance" is a colorway I will most likely repeat several times. I am in love with the way it turned out and the fact that I was able to achieve so much of my goal through this dye job.

<< Home