Dyeing To Fly

Tuesday, August 15, 2006


Donkey Kong

I'm sure you're wondering why in the world someone would name a yarn "donkey kong". LOL! I know I would be.

This week I heard someone mention old school nintendo games. My mind was immediately brought to a weekend my sisters and I once spent playin Donkey Kong pretty much non stop. We weren't allowed to play that often, and thus we weren't that good when we could play, heehee!

There's this one particular spot on a level where DK and his sidekick are in a little train sort of thing going through a cave. There's several spots where the track is seperated and you have to jump over the space to make it through. Well, that is all fine and dandy and usually easy, except for one has loose nails and if you land on it, yup, you start all over again. And dang it if we didn't spend all weekend trying to get through that one level.

It was so much fun and one of the few times I recall of us all three playing together, happily, without friends or other things interrupting us. I hope I never forget what could seem like such an unimportant event in ones life. It was a time of carefree, innocent fun that I shared with two people that mean more to me than they probably know.

Oh how I love them, and only wish I was open enough to share with them this post. It would mean so much to them. Hopefully, one day, I will let them know why I named a yarn "Donkey Kong".

****Unfortunately, this dye job didn't come out anything like what I had hoped for. But I guess that's why we practice, huh?!