Dyeing To Fly

Tuesday, August 15, 2006


Sunrise Surprise

So, last night I began my experimenting with acid dyes. I forgot to pick up a mask from Home Depot, so I had to resort to wrapping a flatfold diaper around my head. I imagine our neighbors found the whole thing quite intrigueing as I had the window open and they could see my playing scientist ;)

Anyway, this past Sunday our closest friends became engaged. It is such a wonderfully touching story and brought back many memories from when Timothy and I first met. We were there when they first met, helped him order the ring, and just feel so close to them.

Sunday Ervin asked his fiance to meet him for breakfast at the beach to watch the sunrise. It was there as the sun was beginning to make it's way into the sky that he proposed. His question was met with an enthusiastic "yes!"

He came over that day while Melissa was in church and showed us pictures of the sunrise they experienced. It was so beautiful.

This was my inspiration behind "Sunrise Surprise". I only hoped to achieve a portion of the beauty that his pictures captured. I feel pleased with the results, and hope that whoever finds themselves crocheting or knitting with this yarn feels the love and joy that I felt while celebrating with them.