So, this is my first post here, and I have to say I am met with mixed emotions. I am starting this journey to freedom, and am hesitant to face all that I will encounter along the way; and yet I am also thrilled to take the plunge.
Before I get too far I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Amanda, mother to 2 wonderful children and wife to the love of my life, Timothy. Being a mother and wife are all I've ever wanted, but at times it can be hard. Over the past few years I feel I have lost my identity outside of my role as a housewife.
This blog, along with my yarn dyeing business are my attempt at becoming myself again, or rather truly finding out who I am for the first time. That might seem like a weird comment to some, so I will explain further. Basically, I have always felt torn in two different directions. One side of me is completely organized, a planner, who is obsessed with office supplies and bookkeeping. The other side of me dreams of painting, traveling, moving spontaneously just to enjoy the summer at the beach.
I want to find who I am in all of this, and find a way to make sense of all the things I enjoy. For many years I have given in to my "smarts" ;) mostly out of fear. I remember in first grade we were to draw a picture of our living room. Well, I was so scared of being rejected for my lack of creativity that I copied my best friend's drawing. This has stuck out in my mind so much over the past few months. For so long, I have been afraid to let my inner artist out. I have been afraid of rejection, of ridicule, of failure. I remember being such a perfectionist in elementary school that I would start a project over again simply if one letter was not perfect on a poster. I have never felt free to express myself in an artistic way.
And yet, something calls out from deep within me...BE FREE!! I long to paint beautiful portraits, or rather feel free to paint, even if it looks like a first grader created it.
Oftentimes, my husband has said that he would love to see me be ME, without restraint; that he would love to see me "fly". Those words have always stuck with me, but usually I was brought down by years of fear. Finally, right now, I am deciding once and for all, that I want to be free. I want to be myself, whoever that might be. If I looke like a "flake", I simply don't care any longer. I cannot live a life afraid to do something that is so deeply embedded in my soul.
So, I have begun this journey. I plan to combine to my love of wool yarn with my love of art and color. I will dye yarns at night once everyone is in bed, and I will write in my journal as I am doing it. I plan to take past events, either good or bad memories, and transform them into my own work of art. I will share them all with you, the pretty and the, uhm, not so pretty ;)
Thank you for joining me on this adventure. I am truly dyeing to fly! And wish to let my creativity soar, once and for all.
Before I get too far I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Amanda, mother to 2 wonderful children and wife to the love of my life, Timothy. Being a mother and wife are all I've ever wanted, but at times it can be hard. Over the past few years I feel I have lost my identity outside of my role as a housewife.
This blog, along with my yarn dyeing business are my attempt at becoming myself again, or rather truly finding out who I am for the first time. That might seem like a weird comment to some, so I will explain further. Basically, I have always felt torn in two different directions. One side of me is completely organized, a planner, who is obsessed with office supplies and bookkeeping. The other side of me dreams of painting, traveling, moving spontaneously just to enjoy the summer at the beach.
I want to find who I am in all of this, and find a way to make sense of all the things I enjoy. For many years I have given in to my "smarts" ;) mostly out of fear. I remember in first grade we were to draw a picture of our living room. Well, I was so scared of being rejected for my lack of creativity that I copied my best friend's drawing. This has stuck out in my mind so much over the past few months. For so long, I have been afraid to let my inner artist out. I have been afraid of rejection, of ridicule, of failure. I remember being such a perfectionist in elementary school that I would start a project over again simply if one letter was not perfect on a poster. I have never felt free to express myself in an artistic way.
And yet, something calls out from deep within me...BE FREE!! I long to paint beautiful portraits, or rather feel free to paint, even if it looks like a first grader created it.
Oftentimes, my husband has said that he would love to see me be ME, without restraint; that he would love to see me "fly". Those words have always stuck with me, but usually I was brought down by years of fear. Finally, right now, I am deciding once and for all, that I want to be free. I want to be myself, whoever that might be. If I looke like a "flake", I simply don't care any longer. I cannot live a life afraid to do something that is so deeply embedded in my soul.
So, I have begun this journey. I plan to combine to my love of wool yarn with my love of art and color. I will dye yarns at night once everyone is in bed, and I will write in my journal as I am doing it. I plan to take past events, either good or bad memories, and transform them into my own work of art. I will share them all with you, the pretty and the, uhm, not so pretty ;)
Thank you for joining me on this adventure. I am truly dyeing to fly! And wish to let my creativity soar, once and for all.

<< Home