
Gloucester...well, sort of ;)
This post is a little different. I am including my journal entry that I wrote as the yarn was being dyed.
The title might seem a bit odd. I was actually going for red and yellow with a few splashes of white to help recall some memories I had from my high school days. Unfortunately, the red dye didn't take like I would have liked. Either way I am happy with the final outcome of the yarn.
***
As the yarn simmers I am reminded of so many memories from my past. It's been 5 years, which have seemed both short and long, since I graduated. But not only did I graduate, I also left several close friends and an entire lifestyle behind me.
As I stare at the yellow and red dye being soaked into the fibers I do my best to soak in all the good that can come from thinking of my high school years.
I am reminded of soccer games, prom, my first date, my first love, of friends I thought I'd always have a connection with. I can almost feel the flutters I'd awake with on the first day of school year after year. I can almost grasp the carefree attitude by which I lived by.
Gloucester High....I can finally look back at those 4 years of my life with happiness, a sense of joy. I am able to release the pain that I had formerly associated with my graduation and the experiences leading up to it.
So, now as the yarn is almost completed I say, with a newfound freedom,
"GO DUKES!!"

<< Home