Dyeing To Fly

Sunday, August 20, 2006


Lemon Lime

As a child I was always different from other kids. My sisters and cousins always wanted the blue, red, and purple popsicles. Well, me, I wanted lemon and lime. It was so fun to create this colorway. It reminded me of many fun times sitting outside, playing under a huge shade tree, enjoying my popsicles or lollipops. I always got to have more because I liked the different flavors, haha! I love thinking about my childhood, it was such a fun time. My mother did a wonderful job raising us!

This was an interesting time for me. I have been starting to feel discouraged by the mistakes I have been making. Usually at this point I would give up on a project, pack everything away, and feel badly about myself for a long time.

But now I am different. I have a newfound determination to succeed, and to use these incidents to make myself a stronger person. I mean really, what artist gets everything right the first time? I've always had such high expectations of myself, too high. Now I'm just allowing myself to be me, mistakes and all...on to the next project!!