Dyeing To Fly

Friday, September 15, 2006




Birthday Girl

So, this customer of mine recently told me her daughter's favorite colors were pink, purple, and blue. She also just turned two a couple of weeks ago. Pictures of her always make me smile and I just have to stare at her for a few minutes. She has the most gorgeous blue eyes!

I decided to create this colorway in celebration of her birth. I also took this time to reflect on past birthdays of my own.

Growing up, we always had the best parties. My mom and dad would go all out. They usually consisted of huge water fights, sleepovers and tons of junk food, and of course, late nights, lol! I was always made to feel so special on that day. My mom would wake me up early telling me how much she loved me, recalling my birth story. Then, before school I would get to open one special present. It was always such a fun time.

I still enjoy birthdays as much as any child! I love showing someone how thankful I am that they are a part of my life. And I love the excitement of presents and cake and parties. My own birthday is coming up in a few short weeks, and I've already begun counting down the days. I know it sounds silly, but my childhood memories are just so fantastic! I suppose I hang on to them because it was such a safe and fun time in my life.

So, in closing...Happy birthday little princess!