Dyeing To Fly

Thursday, October 12, 2006




Spice Cake

This past weekend we celebrated both my and my husband's birthdays. I had originally planned to order us each a special cake with some kind of character from our childhood days (perhaps Care Bears and Peanuts, LOL). Well, my mom called and asked what type of cake I wanted as she was planning on making one. I told her my plan and that was that. Well, the next day I couldn't shake the desire to have my mommy make my cake. So she did. And I chose spice cake with cream cheese frosting. Oh my! It was delicious!

This colorway represents this and many other birthdays where my mother went out of her way to make sure my day was as perfect as possible. She wrote my the most beautiful card and gave me an amazing hand made gift that I will treasure for years to come!

I hope the love that she has shared with me shines through in this colorway.