Dyeing To Fly

Thursday, November 02, 2006




Firefly Fun

I love this colorway. It reminds me of so many fun times as both a child and adult.
Growing up we had a huge yard, and spent tons of time outside. Summer was always our favorite time. I remember many, many evenings spent with my mom and sisters running around chasing "lightening bugs". Once we even got a mason jar full. Then we proceeded to convince our parents to let us keep them for a night to use as a nightlight ;) Well, being that the three of us shared a room and we were very silly girls...we decided it would be fun to let them ALL loose in our room!! Needless to say we didn't fall asleep so early that night. I remember giggling all night with my sisters, and the shocked look on my parents face when they walked in our room was hilarious.

Not too long ago, we moved into a condo with a beautiful backyard. Spring time arrived, and I saw fireflies lighting up all over the place. My daughter and I went out and had a blast watching them. We didn't chase them, but just admired the beauty and fun nature of the fly.

I hope my kids get to have as many fun memories of their childhood as I do.

(ps...I do feel very guilty about all the fireflies that were left in our room as children, and later my sisters and I almost cried about it. Just didn't want anyone to think that we enjoy torturing innocent insects ;)