Dyeing To Fly

Thursday, November 30, 2006




True Self

This yarn was also a custom order. But it actually was a colorway I had been planning to do for awhile. I was happy to have the opportunity to put my inspiration to use.

My favorite color to wear used to be pink. Kinda weird for me, as for most of my life I hated it. But right after my wedding, I started to love it (probably helped that it was the color my husband found me most attractive in ;) Well, recently I have been wearing brown ALL the time. Something I never, ever liked before.

So, you might be wondering why in the world I am talking about clothing color choices, right? lol!

Well, to me this change represents so much about my finding my true identity. I feel I am really starting to find out who I am and what *I* like. I have begun feeling like an artist, like a real, talented, creative person. I am not as scared as before, and I am stepping out on my own.

This is manifesting in several other areas of my life. See, when I used to wear pink, I was a different person. I was constantly trying to please my husband, in a way that really wasn't healthy for either of us. I began looking to him for everything, and in the process I lost my own identity.

Well, now, thankfully, I am finding myself...with his help :) We are both so happy with my progess. And he actually finds me cute in all my brown shirts even if it isn't what he would have chosen, lol!

Here's to many more changes along the way to finding my "true self"!!