
Old Friends
Boy, oh boy...can we say procrastination? ;) For some reason, this entry is hard for me. So, I have come up with about 100 different reasons to put it off every single time I have a free moment. Well, not anymore. I feel a sense of strength and renewed determination. So, here we go...
Recently I have talked, emailed, IMed with a few of my friends from high school. All of which I had not contacted in years. It has been pleasant, painful, and enlightening. I have learned a lot about myself, and have spent many hours thinking about the past few years of my life.
One friend, my best friend ever (well, before I met my husband) said the most wonderful words about me and about our past relationship. His words have helped to heal many, many wounds. He helped me to see that I AM smart, beautiful, and fun. I just needed to remember that. Sam, if you're out there....thank you for every single kind thing you have ever said to me. You are amazing, and I am thankful to have known you. Lindsi is a lucky girl to have you, and I know you will be happy. Thank you for helping me find myself once more.
I decided to dye this colorway after our school colors. It didn't quite come out exactly as planned (bright red, yellow, and natural)...but I believe that it was meant to be...I LOVE the final product. It expresses the softening of my heart and the revived sense of fun and hope I now feel. Amazing, how these things work. ;)

<< Home