Dyeing To Fly

Thursday, November 30, 2006




Tranquility

I really like this colorway. It just speaks to me. The name and inspiration just rose out of nowhere, really.

One morning, I was walking past a half opened window in our kitchen and was struck with a pure sense of tranquility. There have been very few times I have ever felt such a sense of calm and just plain awe. The last time I remember feeling this way was right before the birth of my daughter. It has been so long ago, almost 3 years.

I found it strange that this feeling would arise at such a stressful time in my life with all the new changes ocurring, but I was definitely thankful. It renewed my being completely. I felt a sense of security and hope.

This yarn is a reminder of that feeling. I will try to recall this memory every time I look or create this colorway.