Dyeing To Fly

Thursday, May 03, 2007




Transformation

Recently I had a life changing day. A day where I truly faced my past and present and emerged a different person.

I have known for quite awhile that I was avoiding the real issues that were draggin me down each day, yet I felt weak and unable to face them. I came close to a breakdown...I just fell to pieces. I begged my sister to watch my kids for a full week so I could have some time alone to process all my emotions.

I am so thankful for that week! It was on day 3 that I actually sat down with my journal and began crying like I had not done in years. I prayed, sang, danced, and wallowed around in gut wrenching sobs.

I emerged a new person, a better person. I found healing that day and it has stuck with me ever since. I honestly felt different and knew it was not a short term "fix". Words cannot express what that single day has meant to me and my family.

I felt moved to get a hair cut to remind myself of this change daily. I am so pleased with all that this cut represents. (and well, it made me look a lot cuter too, ;)

before:

after: