Dyeing To Fly

Wednesday, November 07, 2007


Release




This entry is one that I have been avoiding for months. It's one that calls for me to open a part of my soul that I have been trying to shut for so very long. But I think this will help close some areas in my life for good.

Recently I had the opportunity for healing to occur. Healing that was desperately needed and forever life changing. I cannot begin to express how truly appreciative I am that this event happened.

About a year ago I talked to someone that I was once very close with. I had some heavy guilt about the way our relationship ended and the way I handled myself shortly after. I always wondered how this person felt about me and if they were still affected by our interactions. I found that they were happy, content and still saw me as the person I strive to be. The sentiments that were expressed brought me such peace and hope... Hope that I could finally let go of the guilt that had tortured me daily, for 5 long years.

This person also gave me wonderful words of advice and some compliments that have stuck with me in times of self doubt.

I will never forget this individual and all that they did in my life. I would not be who I am today if it was not for this final conversation. Thank you dear friend. You still manage to amaze me.

Thank you for giving me the ability to release the past pain from my life and continue this journey of healing.