Dyeing To Fly

Monday, May 07, 2007




Fangorn Forest

This colorway reminds me of so many fun times...

Before we had kids, my husband and I used to stay up late watching the Lord of the Rings DVDS and drinking coffee. It was the first thing we did in our new apartment ,while sitting on the floor since we didn't have any furniture, LOL! I think we watched the first one for about 3 weeks in a row, every Friday night. I loved snuggling up in his arms and watching a great movie.

I remember one Valentine's Day we had planned on going to dinner and then to the theater to watch one of the movies. Well, I started feeling like a "softy" and invited our 13 yo nephew to go with us. He has stayed with us many summers during our marriage and is so close to us. I just felt horrible knowing he was sitting at home while we were on a date. We had a blast and the night was even more special with him tagging along. :-)

I absolutely love this yarn and think I'll dye some for myself. I want to make something pretty to remind me of the fun times we had together.